My husband George is from Charlotte so he has seen the change over time in the city. Not many people are actually from Charlotte so I asked him to talk about living here and his view on the queen city.
Have you ever met anyone who is actually from Charlotte? I didn't think so…but now you have.
I am one of the few and proud, a Charlotte native. Living in your hometown, surrounded by people from everywhere but there, can seem daunting to some people, but I'm not one of those people. I love my hometown, and one of the greatest attributes of this wonderful place is the shear diversity of people living here.
Living in Charlotte truly represents living in the "melting pot" that most of us have heard about the United States as a whole. In Charlotte, you can find a wide variety of people from an even wider variety of places. As it is with any diverse groups of people, there is also a need for a diverse variety of entertainment, food and leisure activities; which makes Charlotte a great place to live…for anyone.
In the immediate area surrounding "uptown" you can find just about any kind of food you could possibly want. This is a factor of the different people who have moved to Charlotte and brought their previous wants and needs with them, and we natives are thankful for it. Believe me, us natives will always love our NC BBQ, but our taste buds have diversified too, so with the influx of new people comes new foods and new takes on some of our old timey favorites.
Charlotte also bolsters a similar variety in the choices of entertainment. We have choices ranging from our hometown professional sports teams, the U.S. National Whitewater Center, The Epicenter and many others. Every person can find their entertainment needs met, here in Charlotte.
Now, I couldn't possibly talk about all of the things that make Charlotte a great place to live, mainly because I'm not interested in writing a novel, but THAT is exactly what makes this an incredible place to live. I implore you, yes, you reader, to go out and explore this great city and experience all that it has to offer…you'll find all of your classic favorites, but you just might find yourself having experiences you never thought you'd find in "small" Southern city.
- A Charlotte Native
Thank you for writing a post on my blog George!
No comments:
Post a Comment